Join the 90 Days to MCSA Challenge and get TrainSignal courses!By Dana Gagnon
UPDATE: This offer ended on June 6, 2013 at midnight.
Are you ready to push yourself? Think you can handle 90 days of intense study? Cue “Eye of the Tiger” because we have a training challenge for you!
TrainSignal is partnering with Microsoft Learning and IT consultant/trainer Michael Bender (MVP, MCT) on the “90 Days to MCSA Challenge,” in which people spend the 90 days leading up to TechEd North America studying for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2012 exams. Participants are able to take the exams at TechEd.
“Even with the best plan, you need to have the time and energy to complete an accelerated challenge like this,” says Bender of Madison, Wisconsin. “I took on the Private Cloud challenge last year, but fell behind because of exam rescheduling and other obligations.”
This year’s challenge begins March 5 and runs through June 30. Bender will be blogging on Microsoft’s Born to Learn throughout the process, to help participants figure out a game plan for studying. He’ll also be answering questions on the site’s forums and encourages people to follow the contest via Twitter, #90Days2MCSA. (Get more details on the contest here.)
For first-timers, Bender offers a few tips.
“Make sure you have a solid plan that fits into all facets of your life,” says Bender. “If it is a strain, then completing the challenge will be difficult since your motivation may wane. Also, pick learning resources that fit your learning style. If you are a hands-on learner, a 1,200-page book on Windows Server 2012 is probably not the best tool for you.”
TrainSignal’s own Ed Liberman co-hosted Microsoft’s exam prep videos for the Windows Server 2012 exams, which you can watch at 90daystoMCSA.com.
To help participants in their quest to pass the exams, TrainSignal will provide access to the following expert-led courses for free through June 30:
- Windows Server 2012 Implementing Secure Remote Access with DirectAccess – NEW!
- Windows Server 2012 Installing and Configuring (70-410)
- Windows Server 2012 Administering (70-411)
- Windows Server 2012 Configuring Advanced Services (70-412)
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V New Features
- PowerShell v3 New Features
- Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (70-640)
- Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (70-642)
- Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator (70-646)
To gain access to these courses, complete the form below, and you’ll hear back from someone on the TrainSignal team within two days. Good luck!
NOTE: This form is no longer available.
Did you know TrainSignal now offers access to all of our training for $49 per month? Sign up for a 3-day free trial today!
About the Author
Dana Gagnon is the Director of Branded Content at Pluralsight. After working for years in Chicago media, she joined the team in 2012 to continue bringing quality news, tips and more to Pluralsight's audience. Find her @ChicagoDana or on Google+.
Author's Website: http://blog.pluralsight.com/
- Jeff Hicks’ PowerShell Challenge: Day 4 Final Answer
- Top 7 TrainSignal Courses of 2012
- Jeff Hicks’ PowerShell Challenge: Day 4 (Final Day!)
- Jeff Hicks’ PowerShell Challenge: Day 3
- Jeff Hicks’ PowerShell Challenge: Day 2
- Join Us for TrainSignal’s Playing for the Kids Charity Event
- Microsoft MVP Jeff Hicks’ PowerShell Challenge: Submit Your Answers to Win!
- TrainSignal at VMworld 2012: VMunderground Party Ticket Giveaway, vNerd Shirts, and Free Courses!
- Join the TrainSignal Team at the 2011 Multiple Sclerosis Walk
- 5 Days of Windows 8: Both the Weather and Desktop Are Cloudy