Acronis Adds a Cloud Based Disaster Recovery ServiceBy Steven Warren
I spent some time in the vendor area today and stopped by the Acronis booth. I am excited to report that Iland and Acronis join forces to bring together a powerful disaster recovery service in the Cloud. Iland, a VMware service provider, teams up with Acronis to create an offering called Rapid-Response Cloud Based Business Continuity.
This service leverages disk images of virtual and physical machines (created by Acronis) and restores them into Iland’s Internet Solution Continuity Cloud as standby virtual machines. In the event of a disaster, It Admins can quickly restore these machines in the cloud via an Acronis Management Console.
This solution is currently available through iland and Acronis and leverages Acronis Backup and Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition. For more information, please see the press release.
This partnership is a great fit. Backup and DR solutions are typically very expensive. In this scenario, Acronis leverages the cloud via iland and iland leverages Acronis Backup and Restore functionality. As the cloud continues to gain a foothold, we will see more and more marriages between cloud providers and services.
About the Author
Steven Warren is a writer in sunny Florida. His articles and blogs have appeared on web sites such as CIOUpdate.com, Techrepublic.com, SearchTechTarget, Datamation, and DatabaseJournal. You can visit his web site at www.stevenscottwarren.com and follow him on twitter at @stevenswarren.
- How to Create a Disaster Recovery Plan
- The Right Way to Perform Recovery in Exchange 2007
- Backups Using Cloud Resources: Amazon S3, Skydrive, Mozy
- How to Create a Backup Image in Windows Vista and Windows XP
- 3 Screens and a Cloud: What is Cloud Computing?
- 10 Features to Look for in Data Recovery Software
- The Future of VMware Workstation and Cloud Development
- How to Backup Vista with the New Backup Utility
- How to Backup and Restore Active Directory on Server 2008
- Nimbula Goes After the Enterprise Cloud