Book Giveaway: Conversational Geek (in 7 Days!) by J. Peter BruzzeseBy Kasia Lorenc
Have you been feeling alienated by all of the non-geeks in your life? Ever wish your family, friends and coworkers knew more about computers, Internet and technology in general? We know being a geek is not easy, especially when you have to explain the punchlines to your best geek humor to your own circle of friends.
Well now there’s an easy way to help those you care about understand the main aspects of a tech geek’s life, from computers, mobile devices, applications and even geek entertainment. J. Peter Bruzzese’s latest book Conversational Geek (in 7 Days!) is the essential guide for the non-geeks in your life that is easy to read and more importantly, easy to understand.
- Desktop Computers — the main parts of a computer and what to know when buying one
- Networks — how your network works, how TCP/IP addressing works and even some basic network troubleshooting
- The Internet — brief history of the internet, how the internet works, how to make sense of the different browsers and more
- Operating Systems — Apple, Windows and the different Linux flavors
- Mobile Phones and Tablets — smartphones, tablets, eReaders and more
- Applications, Apps, Social Network Sites — what’s a WYSIWYG? what’s cloud computing? what are the best apps to use?
- Geek Entertainment — your favorite geeky movies, TV shows, comic books, and games
The book also includes a neat section on understanding the binary code, making sense of DNS, and my personal favorite DC vs Marvel comics. But the best part is that the book is easy to read, easy to understand and includes a ton of great information.
The author, J. Peter Bruzzese, is a Microsoft MVP with years of experience in the IT field. He’s a true geek at heart and has a knack for explaining complex concepts (like binary code) to diverse audiences. You’ll enjoy his geeky humor, fun side notes and crafty explanations. Follow Peter on twitter at @JPBruzzese and @LearnGeekSpeak.
Get Conversational Geek (in 7 Days!)
So how can you get your hands on Conversational Geek?
You can purchase a Kindle, EPUB, PDF or paperback version of the book on Peter’s site www.conversationalgeek.com. And make sure to tell all your non-geek & geek friends about it!
Win The Book — Enter Today!
Peter was kind enough to give us 4 paperback copies of his brand new book — and he even autographed them for us! You can win a copy of the book simply by leaving a comment on this blog post telling us about your ultimate geek-out moment. It can be your best — or worst, but it must be funny.
Winners will be selected randomly on Tuesday, February 7th, 2012, so make sure you leave your comment before then.
Best of luck!
About the Author
Kasia Lorenc served as the editor-in-chief of the TrainSignal blog from 2007 - 2012. In addition to covering a variety of topics, including IT certification, training and technology news, Kasia was also responsible for the content strategy and website management at TrainSignal. You can connect with Kasia on Twitter @kasialorenc.
- Friday Fun: Server Quest and Geek Quiz
- J. Peter Bruzzese Windows 7 Tips Session at TechEd 2010
- Book Giveaway: Priceless Computer Tips at Your Fingertips
- TrainSignal’s 2011 Fall Book Giveaway
- Geek gift guide 2011
- Announcing: Winners of Our 6th Year Anniversary Giveaway
- Train Signal’s 6 Year Anniversary Giveaway: Win a Laptop and More
- 5 Days Left! Save 91% — Over $600 on Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate
- Announcing: Winners of our 7 Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- And the Winner of our Xbox 360 and Halo 3 Giveaway is …