Free for the holidays: Play by Play with John Papa and Ward BellBy Geoffrey Grosenbach
Back in September, I cold called one of Pluralsight’s most beloved authors and asked him to take part in an experimental live coding session. To spice it up, I also asked one of his co-authors to join as well. I had never met either of them.
Little did I know that John Papa and Ward Bell were best friends. It doesn’t take much to get them both laughing heartily. It’s also quite easy to convince them to point all their mental powers at a programming problem.
I gave them the task of designing a mobile travel planner, and then let the next two hours unfold. Even though neither of them are graphic designers, they’ve mastered the art of programming end to end. For a full hour they discussed the user experience. Then they wrote code for another solid hour.
For the next nine days (until the end of January 1, 2014), you can stream this video free at Pluralsight. Send your friends here and take time to watch it yourself!
- Stream it free this week: Play by Play: John Papa and Ward Bell
We’ve also filmed sessions with a few other top authors and hope to meet up with many more in 2014. Suggest your favorite developers and designers!
About the Author
- Meet the Author: John Papa on JSRender Fundamentals
- Meet the Author: John Papa on Single Page Apps with HTML5,Web API, Knockout and jQuery
- New courses: SQL Server, Play by Play, CompTIA and more
- New courses: AngularJS, Play by Play, PyGame and more
- New course: C# Fundamentals – Part 2
- New course: Introduction to Building Windows 8 Metro Applications
- Meet the Author: John Sonmez on Automated Web Testing with Selenium
- Meet the Author: John Sonmez on Introduction to 2D Game Programming with XNA
- New course: JsRender Fundamentals