And the $5,000 Worth of Free Computer Training Goes To …By Kasia Lorenc
Our first Words for Training Contest is officially over.
I would like to send a big thank you to everyone who participated!
You will all be rewarded with a free copy of our introductory course to Windows Server 2008, which I hope you’ll enjoy.
We received an overwhelming response to this contest — which meant a lot of reading for us — but it was a great way to get to know so many of our readers. So thank you all for taking the time tell us about yourselves.
Meet the Words for Training Contest Judges
This was our first contest in a long while, so naturally, everyone wanted to get in on the action. In the end we all agreed this was not an easy task — there were just so many great essays, it was really, really hard to pick the best ones.
Here’s everyone who helped with the reading and the judging:
- Heather Ackmann — Train Signal Instructor
- Kelly Atkinson — Customer Service Specialist
- Ben “Coach” Culbertson — Train Signal Instructor
- Tonia Douglas — Marketing Product Manager
- Bill Kulterman — Train Signal Instructor
- Zach Monroe — Technical Support and Sales Specialist
- Mark Mulvihill — Webmaster and Email Manager
- Lisa Szpunar — Jr. Product Manager
- And Me — Editor in Chief of Train Signal Training
Now to the good stuff … here are the Words for Training Contest Winners:
Grand Prize Winner — R. Louis Costley III
R. Louis wins our Complete Training Package (worth over $5,000) which includes every course we offer from Cisco and CompTIA to Microsoft and VMware — a total of 37 courses.
For his interesting take on life in the IT field, R. Louis also gets the opportunity to become a writer for Train Signal Training — to share more of his knowledge and experiences with the rest of us.
Congratulations R. Louis! We hope our free training library will serve you well and that you’ll enjoy being a part of the Train Signal Team!
Second Place Winner — Kevin Jackson
Kevin wins our Complete Microsoft Training Package (worth over $3,000) which includes a total of 26 Microsoft training courses.
Third Place Winner — Paula Greenlee
Paula wins our Complete Cisco Training Package (worth over $1,300) which includes a total of 6 Cisco courses.
- Andrew Johnson
- Mike Chinea
- Theodore Greer
Our three runner-ups will receive a free Train Signal course of their choice.
A Big Thank You To All Contest Participants!
I would like to thank everyone who participated in our writing contest. We hope you’ve enjoyed the experience and we promise to have lots of giveaways in the near future.
Please remember to check back in the next two weeks to read the winning essays. If you would like to post your own essay on your website or blog, let us know so we can link to it.
About the Author
Kasia Lorenc served as the editor-in-chief of the TrainSignal blog from 2007 - 2012. In addition to covering a variety of topics, including IT certification, training and technology news, Kasia was also responsible for the content strategy and website management at TrainSignal. You can connect with Kasia on Twitter @kasialorenc.
- How to Turn 500 Words into $5,000 Worth of Free IT Training
- Last Chance to Score Free Computer Training: Don’t Miss It!
- Don’t Miss Your Chance to Win Tons of Free Computer Training
- Free Cisco CCNA Training Contest – We Have a Winner!
- Free Cisco CCNA Training and Hardware Sponsorship – Signup Today
- And the Winner of our Xbox 360 and Halo 3 Giveaway is …
- Get an Xbox 360 and Halo 3 Free – from Train Signal
- Here’s Your Chance to Get Exactly What You Want!
- New Training Release: SharePoint Server 2007 Training
- Jumpstart Your Career and Use Cool IT Toys: Get CCNA Training!