J. Peter Bruzzese Windows 7 Tips Session at TechEd 2010By Gary Eimerman
J. Peter Bruzzese’s session Windows 7 at Mach 5 just kicked off and it’s a packed house. We’ve got every seat filled, people sitting on the floor in front, standing room only around the exterior of the room and people are even out in the hallway looking in!
The session is all about Windows 7 and the goal is to share 50 — yes 50! — tips and tricks in only 75 minutes!
Peter started out with a fun hack of the Windows Experience Index. It’s controlled by an .xml file that you can edit and give clunky system a perfect rating. If you’re interested in doing this yourself there is a step-by-step guide here: http://www.petri.co.il/artificially_raise_wei.htm
Here are a few more Windows 7 tips and tricks Peter shared:
- Ctrl+Shift+Enter to launch a executable with administrative privileges
- BitLocker To Go
- Web Slices in Internet Explorer 8
- Creating Rules with AppLocker
- Perfmon /report – to get a quick system report
- Using PowerShell in Windows 7
I’ll work with Peter to put together a quick screen cast of a few of the tips he did during the session for everyone who wasn’t able to join us at TechEd North America 2010 or if you missed the session.
If you’re down at TechEd 2010 stop by the Train Signal booth and meet myself, Peter, Kasia or any of the Train Signal team members.
About the Author
Gary Eimerman (MCTS, MCP, A+) is an experienced Computer Hardware Technician and Support Technician. As a graduate from the University of Iowa, Henry B. Tippie College of Business with a B.B.A. in Management Information Systems, Gary brings hands-on experience with Network, Database, Project Management and Web development to the Train Signal team. He also brings 5 years of teaching experience with Enhance Inc. where he taught technology in a hands-on environment. You will greatly benefit from his passion, aspirations and knowledge towards technology.
- Back from TechEd! Pictures to Follow
- Come Visit the Train Signal Team at TechEd 2009
- Windows 7 Productivity Tips
- TechEd 2008 IT Professionals Week — Photos and Memories
- Last Chance to Win one of 7 Dell Laptops, Windows 7 and More
- As Promised: Photos from TechEd 2009!
- Hey IT Pros, Think You Know Windows 7?
- Office 2010 Technical Preview With Windows 7
- TechEd 2008 IT Professionals Week — See You There!
- Train Signal at the Microsoft Windows 2008 Product Launch Event!