10 hilarious ways our moms use technologyBy Dana Gagnon
We love our moms. They’re great at a lot of things. Using technology is not one of them. In honor of Mother’s Day this Sunday, we rounded up 10 ways our moms interact with technology to hilarious results.
1. Even though she owns a smartphone, she calls and asks you for answers that are easily Googleable, like “Can you tell me when that new ‘Steel Man’ movie is playing?” (she means “Iron Man”) or “Will you look up the phone number for the cleaners for me?” She clearly doesn’t realize she’s calling you on the very device that could solve these mysteries for her.
2. This is how she Googles things:
3. If your email account gets hacked, she immediately clicks on the link in the email and then calls you to ask why you’re sending her to a penis enlargement site.
4. Auto correct is not her friend. And she signs her text messages.
5. Despite owning a smartphone with a built-in GPS, she still prints out directions. From Mapquest.
6. Trying to “fix” her computer over the phone goes something like this:
7. Her password for everything is [insertyournamehere]‘smom.
8. She saves literally everything to her desktop.
9. She spams your Facebook wall with trivial questions/comments like, “Did you borrow our pizza cutter?” and “I bought your dad these new wick-dry socks and he loves them.”
10. She refers to the Internet as “getting it off of online” or “The Internets”:
(Warning to dads, Father’s Day isn’t too far off.)
What are some of the funny ways your mom interacts with technology? Tell us in the comments below or @TrainSignal!
About the Author
Dana Gagnon is the Senior Manager of Branded Content at Pluralsight. After working for years in Chicago media, she joined the team in 2012 to continue bringing quality news, tips and more to Pluralsight's audience. Find her @ChicagoDana or on Google+.
Author's Website: http://blog.pluralsight.com/
- Video: Hilarious Consequences of Our Constant Obsession with Technology
- New Training Release: Glenda’s Guide to Computers and the Internets Plus Email and Don’t Forget Saving Files
- Wired Mag issues 20 years later: Our love for new technology
- Your Posture is Adapting to Technology
- 2 Easy Ways to Improve Your Productivity Using Outlook 2007
- 3 Easy Ways to Stay Up-to-Date with Virtualization
- The Story Behind the Hilarious ‘God Made an IT Worker’ Video
- Train Signal’s First Hustle Up the Hancock a Success
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification
- TechEd 2012: My First Tech Conference