New course: Raspberry Pi for DevelopersBy Megan Russell
Raspberry Pi is a low-cost computing platform that provides a way to building interesting applications using common programming languages. Only being the size of a credit card it has opened up the possibility of interesting hardware scenarios. It has become very popular among hobbyist because of its small size and low-cost. This course will cover the basics of what you need to get up and running.Photo Creds: Switched On Tech Design, (www.sotechdesign.com.au) – Thank you!!
Did you know? In January, Google donated $15,000 toward supplying schools in the U.K. with these small computers. We all know the importance of teaching kids to code, we want to prepare them for future opportunities. Most importantly though, they love it. Have them try to code and just watch the fun unfold. Currently we are offering kids courses for free to help motivate the movement of teaching kids programing, click here to check them out. Consider it an option to get the Pi into the hands of your kiddos, and teach them what you learn in this course.
I hope you enjoy the course! Jon has done a fantastic job with it. You can follow him on twitter or check out his blog if you’d like to know more about him. Go directly to the TOC and get started. If you have any comments or questions feel free to post to our discussion forum.
About the Author
- New course: Using Google’s Cloud for Developers – Google BigQuery
- New course: Teaching Kids Programming
- New course: Active Directory Programming for Developers
- Pluralsight’s Aaron Skonnard Interviewed about Teaching Kids Programming
- New course: Learning How to Program with Scratch
- Introducing our Learning Portal for Kids
- .NET Rocks! Talks About Teaching Kids to Program
- New course: Introduction to iOS for .NET Developers
- Google’s Cloud for Developers: Google Compute Engine
- New course: Force.com for .NET Developers