New Courses: Understanding SharePoint 2013 Parts 1, 2 and 3By Jason Salmond
Sahil Malik has just published the first courses in his new ‘Understanding SharePoint 2013′ series:
1. Basics This course sets the scene by giving you the first taste, touch, and feel of using SharePoint 2013 and Office 365. It will give you an idea of what is it like to be part of a SharePoint 2013 or Office 365 project whether you are a Developer, IT Pro, or an end user. Click here for the TOC.
2. Behind the Scenes If you are intrigued by and interested in SharePoint but don’t know where to start, this this course is perfect for you. It starts with the some very high level fundamentals like: What did installing SharePoint do to my machine? What is central administration? How does SharePoint help organize and manage information? This video will show all of that..and more. Click here for the TOC.
3. Development Overview This sets a perfect “taste-test” for the various choices SharePoint offers. Now that you know more of what the SharePoint sandwich is, this course is designed to help you know where to start (without making a mess). In this course Sahil goes from a 30,000 to a 10,000 foot view. It starts by looking at tips and tricks in using PowerShell for SharePoint on the job. Then it dives into Console Applications, a perfect excuse to start poking around the object model. Sahil does a great job demonstrating the basics of sandbox solutions and farm solutions using Visual Studio 2012, and wraps up with SharePoint Apps. Click here for the TOC.
Click here to find these and the rest of Sahil’s Pluralsight offerings. Remember this is only the beginning because he is planning for this series to be an end-to-end comprehensive coverage of SharePoint, rather than just focusing on a few topics here and there.
About the Author
- Courses Updated: SharePoint 2013 Developer Ramp-Up Series (Parts 1-6)
- New Course: SharePoint 2010 Security Part 2
- New course: SharePoint 2010 Security
- New Course: SharePoint 2013 Developer Ramp-Up – Part 2
- New course: SharePoint 2013 Developer Ramp-Up – Part 4
- New course: SharePoint 2013 Developer Ramp-Up – Part 1
- Updated course: SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model
- New course: SharePoint 2013 Developer Ramp-Up – Part 6
- New course: SharePoint 2013 Developer Ramp-Up – Part 5
- New course: SharePoint 2013 Developer Ramp-Up – Part 3