Video: Back to Transact-SQL BasicsBy Paul Ballard
Even the most experienced DBAs can benefit from brushing up on the basics of T-SQL. In this video excerpt from Joe Sack’s new course SQL Server: Transact-SQL Basic Data Modification you’ll see how to perform basic inserts and the effects of primary key constraints on the insert. In the full course Joe covers topics such as table metadata, updating data, and using the OUTPUT clause.
Joe Sack is a Principal Consultant, author and trainer at SQLskills.com. Prior to joining SQLskills, Joe worked at Microsoft as a Premier Field Engineer for large enterprise environments. He is a SQL Server Microsoft Certified Master (MCM) for versions 2005 & 2008. He was also responsible for the SQL Server MCM Program from 2009 to 2011. He has written multiple books, articles and whitepapers including SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL Recipes (Apress, 2008) and SQL Server 2005 T-SQL Recipes (Apress, 2005).
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 2 hr 32 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit SQL Server: Transact-SQL Basic Data Modification to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files,assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
Paul Ballard is a Chief Architect specializing in large scale distributed system development and enterprise software processes. Paul has more than twenty years of development experience including being a former Microsoft MVP, a speaker at technical conferences such as Microsoft Tech-Ed and VSLive, and a published author. Prior to working on the Windows platform, he built software using a vast array of technologies including Java, Unix, C, and even OS/2.
- Video: Get More Out Of Table Valued Functions with APPLY in SQL Server
- New Course: SQL Server: Transact-SQL Basic Data Retrieval
- New Course: SQL Server: Transact-SQL Basic Data Modification
- Video: Make SQL Server Drop the Wait
- Video: Back to Basics with C Language Pointers
- Video: Mythbusting SQL Server Indexing
- Video: Stop SQL Server Deadlocks in Their Tracks
- Video: Give Your Cubes More Dimensions with Analysis Services
- Video: Scripting SQL Server with PowerShell
- Video: Keep Your Applications Responsive with .NET Reactive Extensions