Video: Bridging the PhoneGapBy Paul Ballard
PhoneGap is a framework for building mobile applications that supports every major mobile operating system including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Symbian, and more. But is it right for your application? In this video excerpt from John Sonmez’ course Introduction to PhoneGap, you’ll hear what key decision points will help you make the decision to use PhoneGap. In the complete course you’ll also learn about how to setup your environment for PhoneGap, how to use their APIs, and the build process.
John has spent many years working as a consultant for many different projects and has deep ties to the agile community who along with developing in C#/.NET has also begun to focus on mobile applications in Android and iOS.
If you’re looking for a fast way to get your app to multiple mobile devices, PhoneGap could be for you and this course will tell you all you need to know to get started. If you know of other mobile frameworks that you want to share with the world, hit the comment link below.
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 2 hrs 40 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit Introduction to PhoneGap to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files, assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
Paul Ballard is a Chief Architect specializing in large scale distributed system development and enterprise software processes. Paul has more than twenty years of development experience including being a former Microsoft MVP, a speaker at technical conferences such as Microsoft Tech-Ed and VSLive, and a published author. Prior to working on the Windows platform, he built software using a vast array of technologies including Java, Unix, C, and even OS/2.
- New course: Introduction to PhoneGap
- Lose The SQL With RavenDB
- Learn To Install SVN In Five Easy Minutes!
- Video: Make MVVM Simple With Knockout
- Video: Let There Be Functional Programming with F#
- Video: Bring a Little Order To Your Unordered Lists in CSS3
- Video: Access OData Across Site Barriers with JSONP in jQuery
- Video: Learn NoSQL From The Comfort of CouchDB
- Make Excel Work Harder With VSTO
- Video: Not All Queries Are Created Equal – Using Having and Where Clauses in SQL Server