Video: Cleaning Up SQL Server Indexes with DefragmentationBy Paul Ballard
Want to learn how to speed up your queries. In this video from Pinal Dave and Vinod Kumar’s course SQL Server Performance: Indexing Basics, you’ll see the best methods for cleaning up an index based on its fragmentation using reorganizing and rebuilding as well as how to use index maintenance scripts to perform more detailed tasks. In the full course they cover other topics such as primary keys, clustered and non-clustered indexes, filtered indexes, and indexing tips and tricks.
Pinal Dave is a Microsoft Technology Evangelist (Database and BI). He has written over 2000 articles on the subject on his blog at http://blog.sqlauthority.com. He is the co-author of three SQL Server books – SQL Server Programming, SQL Wait Stats and SQL Server Interview Questions and Answers. Vinod Kumar has worked with SQL Server extensively since joining the industry over a decade ago. Before joining Microsoft, he was a Microsoft MVP for SQL Server for more than 3 years. He is a well-known speaker at all major Microsoft and third party technical conferences.
If you’d like to learn more about how to make your queries perform, this course is definitely for you. Do you have any special tips and tricks of your own? Click on the comment links and let us see your indexing voodoo.
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 1 hr 58 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit SQL Server Performance: Indexing Basics to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files, assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
- Video: Not All Queries Are Created Equal – Using Having and Where Clauses in SQL Server
- New Course: SQL Server Performance: Indexing Basics
- Meet the Author: Pinal Dave and Vinod Kumar on SQL Server Questions and Answers
- New course: SQL Server Questions and Answers
- Video: Do More With LESS (and SASS) In Your CSS3 Stylesheets
- Video: Kill Cloud Service Bugs Dead with Windows Azure Diagnostics
- Video: Get Started with Enterprise Library
- Video: Make Your Mobile Applications Responsive with HTML5 and CSS3
- Video: Bridging the PhoneGap
- Video: Access OData Across Site Barriers with JSONP in jQuery