Video: Efficiently Troubleshooting Agent Latency IssuesBy Manya Susoev
If you’re encountering transactional replication topology performance issues and you want to understand why a particular replication agent is under-performing, you can gather this information that will help you troubleshoot the true root cause. In this video excerpt from SQL Server Transactional Replication Fundamentals, Joe Sack shows you how to gather wait statistics using Extended Events for the agent sessions and reveal relevant information for you to efficiently troubleshoot agent latency issues. In the full course, Joe shows you how to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot SQL Server transactional replication, as well as the fundamentals of how it works and key performance considerations.
Joe Sack is a Principal Consultant, author and trainer with SQLskills.com. He is a SQL Server MVP and SQL Server Microsoft Certified Master. Prior to joining SQLskills, Joe worked at Microsoft as a Premier Field Engineer for large enterprise environments. He was also responsible for the SQL Server MCM Program from 2009 to 2011. He has written multiple books, articles and whitepapers including SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL Recipes (Apress, 2008) and SQL Server 2005 T-SQL Recipes (Apress, 2005).
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 1 hours and 52 minutes of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit SQL Server: Transactional Replication Fundamentals to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files, assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
- New course: SQL Server: Transactional Replication Fundamentals
- Video: Troubleshooting Performance Problems with Virtual Machines
- Video: Don’t Let SQL Server Overestimates Slow Your Queries
- Video: Beware the Hidden Side Effects of SQL Server Triggers
- Video: Back to Transact-SQL Basics
- New Course: SQL Server: Troubleshooting Query Plan Quality Issues
- Video: Get More Out Of Table Valued Functions with APPLY in SQL Server
- Video: Analyzing Merge Join Patterns in SQL Server 2012
- Video: Resolve Your Dependency Issues in ASP.NET MVC3
- Video: Use The Force.com with Eclipse