Video: Stake Your Claim and Then Authenticate It With SharePoint 2010By Paul Ballard
SharePoint has a very rich, and by rich I mean complex, security model baked in. In this video excerpt from Sahil Malik’s course Sharepoint 2010 Security you’ll see how claims based authentication is used to allow access to secured resources using external identity providers. In the full course Sahil covers other key security topics such as SPBasePermissions, claims augmentation, and custom claim providers.
Sahil Malik, the founder and principal of Winsmarts.com, has been a Microsoft MVP for the past 8 years, author and reviewer of many books and numerous articles in both the .NET and SharePoint space. He is also a consultant and trainer who delivers training and talks at conferences internationally. Sahil has trained for the best names in the Microsoft technology space, and has architected and delivered SharePoint based solutions for extremely high profile clients. Sahil has been deeply involved in SharePoint 2010, and is the author of Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Building Solutions for SharePoint 2010 published by Apress.
If you’d like to learn more about the internals of Sharepoint 2010 Security, you should definitely view this course.
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 1 hrs 8 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit SharePoint 2010 Security to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files, assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
- New Course: SharePoint 2010 Security Part 2
- New course: SharePoint 2010 Security
- Updated course: SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model
- Video: Issue a Debugging SOS in Visual Studio 2010
- Video: Sprint Ahead with Team Foundation Server 2010 ALM
- New course: Managing PowerPivot in SharePoint 2010
- Video: Get Fresh Tweets Using the ASP.NET Web API
- New course: PowerPivot for SharePoint 2010 Setup
- Video: Send Your Debugger Back In Time With Visual Studio Intellitrace
- New course: SharePoint 2010 Lists and Libraries