Video: Taking Data Driven Web Testing For A Spin with Test StudioBy Paul Ballard
Creating useful automated UI tests can mean running the same scripts over and over with different data. In this video excerpt from Todd Ropog’s new Course Test Studio Fundamentals you’ll see how to use data to drive those test repetitions for more thorough testing. In the full course Todd also covers recording tests, the document object model, and the element repository.
Todd is a Lead Developer for Telerik’s Enterprise Services division in Hudson, Ohio, where he has the pleasure of working with, and learning from, the very talented crew there. He is a big proponent of Agile philosophy and helped organize the first Northeast Ohio Agile Leadership Conference, a conference aimed at educating middle-managers about Agile. As a member of the Hudson Software Craftsmanship user group, he strives to improve his craft and help others do the same. Todd is very active in the developer community and speaks at local user groups and regional conferences.
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 1 hr 47 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit Test Studio Fundamentals to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files,assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
Paul Ballard is a Chief Architect specializing in large scale distributed system development and enterprise software processes. Paul has more than twenty years of development experience including being a former Microsoft MVP, a speaker at technical conferences such as Microsoft Tech-Ed and VSLive, and a published author. Prior to working on the Windows platform, he built software using a vast array of technologies including Java, Unix, C, and even OS/2.
- Video: Make Source Control Management Fly with Mercurial
- New Course: Test Studio Fundamentals
- Video: Feed Your Automated Web Tests Fresh Data
- Video: Report On Data Your Way With Custom Binding in Telerik Reporting
- Video: Taking Advantage of TPL in MVC4
- Video: Test Your Unit Tests with Intellitrace
- Video: Using NHibernate to Pluck Data Into Orchard CMS
- Video: Put Your Data On The Straight and Narrow with JsRender Data Paths
- Video: Issue a Debugging SOS in Visual Studio 2010
- Video: Send Your Debugger Back In Time With Visual Studio Intellitrace