Video: Using Caching Policies in the Enterprise Library Caching Application BlockBy Paul Ballard
If you want to take a more “hands-on” approach with your caching expiration, this video excerpt from John Sonmez course Enterprise Libary Caching Application Block will show you how to use policies to do just that. In the video excerpt he shows how to combine expiration settings with scavenging priority to create the perfect policy for your objects. In the full course he goes on to cover other topics such as file dependencies, isolated storage, and using a database store.
John has spent many years working as a consultant for many different projects and has deep ties to the agile community who along with developing in C#/.NET has also begun to focus on mobile applications in Android and iOS.
If you’d like to learn to harness the power of Enterprise Library Caching Application Block for your apps, this course is for you.
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 1 hrs 10 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit Enterprise Library Caching Application Block to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files, assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
Paul Ballard is a Chief Architect specializing in large scale distributed system development and enterprise software processes. Paul has more than twenty years of development experience including being a former Microsoft MVP, a speaker at technical conferences such as Microsoft Tech-Ed and VSLive, and a published author. Prior to working on the Windows platform, he built software using a vast array of technologies including Java, Unix, C, and even OS/2.
- New Course: Enterprise Library Caching Application Block
- Video: Logging Made Simple With The Enterprise Library Logging Application Block
- Video: Put the Wraps on Your Exceptions with Enterprise Library Exception Handling Application Block
- Video: Using Named Parameters in The Enterprise Library Data Access Block
- New Course: Introduction to the Microsoft Enterprise Library Validation Application Block
- Video: Get Started with Enterprise Library
- Meet the Author: John Sonmez on Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block
- New Course: Data Access Application Block
- New course: Enterprise Library Security and Cryptography Application Blocks
- New Course: Logging Application Block