Video: Using MapReduce to Query a NoSQL DatabaseBy Paul Ballard
Just because you’re using a NoSQL database doesn’t mean you can’t do queries. In this video excerpt from Andrew Brust’s course NoSQL: The Big Picture you’ll see how the MapReduce model works and how it applies to NoSQL databases. In the full course Andrew covers other key topics such as consistency and compromise, document stores and graph databases, and databases in the cloud.
Andrew is Founder and CEO of Blue Badge Insights, an analysis, strategy and advisory firm serving Microsoft customers and partners. Brust is also a Microsoft Regional Director and MVP; an advisor to the New York Technology Council; and co-author of the forthcoming “Programming Microsoft SQL Server 2012.” Brust is Co-Chair of Visual Studio Live!, a frequent speaker at industry events and a columnist for Visual Studio Magazine.
If you’d like to learn more about what NoSQL really means, you should check out this course now.
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 1 hrs 10 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit NoSQL: The Big Picture to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files, assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
Paul Ballard is a Chief Architect specializing in large scale distributed system development and enterprise software processes. Paul has more than twenty years of development experience including being a former Microsoft MVP, a speaker at technical conferences such as Microsoft Tech-Ed and VSLive, and a published author. Prior to working on the Windows platform, he built software using a vast array of technologies including Java, Unix, C, and even OS/2.
- Video: Learn NoSQL From The Comfort of CouchDB
- New course: Understanding NoSQL
- New course: NoSQL: The Big Picture
- Video: Send Your Debugger Back In Time With Visual Studio Intellitrace
- Video: Manage the State of Your WPF Controls
- Pluralsight “New Releases” Newsletter – April 10, 2012
- Video: Issue a Debugging SOS in Visual Studio 2010
- Video: Uncover the Magic Of Automatic Migrations in Entity Framework Code First
- Video: Sprint Ahead with Team Foundation Server 2010 ALM
- Video: Let NHibernate Map The Way