Free CompTIA Network+ Training: Firewall and Proxy ServerBy Ed Liberman
In this CompTIA Network+ Training video, I’ll explain what firewalls and proxy servers are and how they work. You’ll learn about their core functions and how they are different from one another.
I’ll show you how firewalls control what data is allowed in or out of a network to protect private networks from external intrusion. You’ll also learn about the three main purposes of using a proxy server; disguising an end user’s actual identity using NAT (Network Address Translation), caching requests to save bandwidth, and controlling content permitted to be requested from the Internet.
About the Author
Ed Liberman (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCT, MCTS, MCITP, A+, Network+, Server+, CWTS, CWNA, CWNT) has worked in technology for 20 years. He has been certified and instructing IT since 1998. He has helped thousands of people to get started or advance their careers in the IT industry. When he is not in the classroom, he is out helping corporations with their network infrastructure as an independent consultant. Ed will get you ready to pass your exams while you develop the skills needed to succeed in the "real world". His teaching style encourages you to have fun while you learn. Ed also volunteers his time in his local community as a math tutor for struggling grade school children.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification: Why I think It Is Important
- Free Server 2008 R2 Training — Limited Time Offer!
- Free Home Server Training Videos Plus Free 120 Day Home Server Trial
- CompTIA Network+ 2009 Certification Information
- CompTIA Network+: Certification Exam Results!
- CompTIA Changes Certification Renewal Policy for A+, Network+ and Security+ Certifications
- Free Intro to Windows Server 2008 Training
- New Training Release: CompTIA A+ 2006 Training
- The Economy, Server 2008 and Network Infrastructure
- MCTS Demystified: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (70-642) Exam Guide