Networking Fundamentals: Master IP Addressing in Under 1 HourBy Ed Liberman
If you’re interested in a career as a Network Administrator, Systems Engineer, Network Programmer, Technician or Analyst, and if your goal is to obtain the CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA or Windows Server certifications, then you must have a solid understanding of TCP/IP Addressing.
In this video recording of our live webinar, I’ll show you how IP Addressing works, how to plan your IP Addressing Scheme, and how to convert binary to decimal and vice versa before diving into Binary IP Addresses. You’ll also learn about Network Address Translation (NAT), Binary Subnet Masks, Internetworking, Default Gateways and more.
Here are the key concepts that are covered:
- Planning an IP Addressing Scheme
- Working with Binary Numbers
- Classful IP Addressing vs. Classless Interdomain Routing (CIDR)
If you’re ready to start your career in networking, then this is a great place to start. You can also take a look at my previous webinar on the OSI Model and TCP/IP which will help you understand the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
About the Author
Ed Liberman (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCT, MCTS, MCITP, A+, Network+, Server+, CWTS, CWNA, CWNT) has worked in technology for 20 years. He has been certified and instructing IT since 1998. He has helped thousands of people to get started or advance their careers in the IT industry. When he is not in the classroom, he is out helping corporations with their network infrastructure as an independent consultant. Ed will get you ready to pass your exams while you develop the skills needed to succeed in the "real world". His teaching style encourages you to have fun while you learn. Ed also volunteers his time in his local community as a math tutor for struggling grade school children.
- Microsoft MTA: Networking Fundamentals Training
- IP Addressing and Routing Part 1: IP Address Architecture
- Master EIGRP For Your Next Cisco Exam
- Master Server 2008 R2 for Free
- Master the New and Improved MSConfig in Vista
- Microsoft Master Certs: Are You Ready for a Challenge?
- Learn How to Create Relationships and Master Them in Access 2007
- IP Addressing and Routing Part 3: Default and Static Routing
- IP Addressing and Routing Part 2: IP Routing Process
- Networking Basics: TCP, UDP, TCP/IP and OSI Model