Networking Fundamentals: Master the OSI Model and TCP/IP in Under 1 HourBy Ed Liberman
You’ve probably heard of the OSI model and the different networking protocols, but do you really understand what they do? What’s their purpose? What are they really? And most importantly, why do you need to understand these concepts in order to work in the IT field?
In this video recording of our live webinar, I’ll provide with practical examples and shortcuts for understanding the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. After watching this video you’ll be able to:
- Define networking protocols
- Understand how the OSI model works
- Understand the TCP/IP protocol suite
If you’ve been struggling with the OSI model or are new networking, then this video is a perfect opportunity for you to get familiar with these fundamental concepts as you begin your journey in the IT field.
About the Author
Ed Liberman (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCT, MCTS, MCITP, A+, Network+, Server+, CWTS, CWNA, CWNT) has worked in technology for 20 years. He has been certified and instructing IT since 1998. He has helped thousands of people to get started or advance their careers in the IT industry. When he is not in the classroom, he is out helping corporations with their network infrastructure as an independent consultant. Ed will get you ready to pass your exams while you develop the skills needed to succeed in the "real world". His teaching style encourages you to have fun while you learn. Ed also volunteers his time in his local community as a math tutor for struggling grade school children.
- Networking Basics: TCP, UDP, TCP/IP and OSI Model
- Learn QoS Using the DiffServ Model
- Updated course: SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model
- Master Server 2008 R2 for Free
- Master the New and Improved MSConfig in Vista
- Master EIGRP For Your Next Cisco Exam
- Microsoft Master Certs: Are You Ready for a Challenge?
- Learn How to Create Relationships and Master Them in Access 2007
- Top 7 TCP/IP Utilities Every Networking Pro Should Know
- Master vSphere and Transform Your IT Infrastructure with VMware vSphere Training