Free Server 2008 Training: Windows Server 2008 Terminal ServicesBy Ben Culbertson
Ready to tackle Terminal Services? Today we’ll be taking a look at some of the great new tools, features and advantages of Terminal Services. I’m also going to show you how to setup Remote Applications.
I’m going to walk you through installing the Terminal Services role, adding an application, and actually creating a remote desktop shortcut to it.
Here are the details of what this video includes:
- New Features of Terminal Services — there are some great new features in Server 2008 Terminal Services and I’ll give you a good introduction to the new tools
- Remote Application — next we’ll talk about what you need on your machine before installing Terminal Services and the steps that are needed for the installation
- Installing a Terminal Server — going back to our original scenario, we’ll go through the installation steps and get the Terminal Server properly setup
- Configuring RemoteApp – we’ll end today’s video by configuring the RemoteApp in our Server Manager
Other Videos in this Series:
- Videos 1: Welcome to Windows Server 2008 Essentials
- Video 2: How to Install Server 2008 and Active Directory
- Video 3: Active Directory Users and Groups in Server 2008
- Video 4: Windows Server Core and DHCP Servers in Server 2008
- Video 5: Windows Server 2008 File and Print Servers
- Video 6: Server 2008 RODC – Read Only Domain Controllers
- Video 7: IIS 7 Web Servers
- Video 8: Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
- Video 9: WDS – Windows Deployment Services
- Video 10: MCITP Certifications: Exam requirements and upgrade paths
Learn more about Active Directory Networks, certificate services, high availability tools and more with Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator Training.
About the Author
Ben Culbertson (MCT, MCSA, MCDBA, CIW, A+, Net+, MOS) has taught thousands of people in the Chicagoland area, and brings ten years of training, web, print, and network consulting experience to the table. Serving a two year tour of duty as an inner city high school teacher, he motivated at-risk students to achieve excellence and learned how to teach high level concepts in a rubber-meets-the-road fashion. He is also the Technical Editor and webmaster of ReliefJournal.com, a quarterly literary journal, and the Editor-In-Chief for Coach’s Midnight Diner, an annual genre anthology.
- Free Intro to Windows Server 2008 Training
- Windows Server 2008: Active Directory Certificate Services
- Windows Server 2008: How to Install Active Directory Certificate Services
- Windows Server 2008: Install Active Directory Domain Services
- Longhorn Terminal Services: Better than Citrix?
- New Training Release: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure Training
- SBS 2008 vs Windows Server 2008: Adding Users and Computers
- How to Upgrade to Windows Server 2008 from Windows Server 2003
- How to Install Exchange Server 2007 on Windows Server 2008
- 10 Steps to Installing the Web Server Role in Windows Server 2008