Watch the Microsoft TFS Agile Team Eat Their Own Dogfood!By Paul Ballard
Microsoft isn’t just writing a new Agile project template for TFS, their also using it internally. In this video from Adam Cogan at SSW, watch as the Microsoft TFS Agile team use the new Agile template that they are working on to manage their own scrum. You’ll also see some important tips for running your own scrums and how the Microsoft team uses those tips (or doesn’t) to ensure an efficient meeting.
Adam’s video covers some valuable tips for managing an efficient scrum including the following:
- Have your Scrum Master review the Sprint Progress at the end
- Keep a schedule of the Daily Scrum times on a wall + have a recurring appointment in Outlook
- Keep to the schedule. Same place, same time (and start even if people are missing)
- Update tasks before the Daily Scrum.
- Don’t go into detail.
- No phone + no checking email. No distractions.
- Use a task board (even better use an electronic one).
You can find more Scrum tips at http://tv.ssw.com/DailyScrum. If you’d like to learn more about how other professional developers use the Scrum model, this video is a great example. And if you’d like to learn more about the Scrum process take a look at SSW’s War Room Scrum Diagrams.
About the Author
- Pluralcast 45 : Mario Cardinal on Agile Architecture
- Learn how to talk to women (and other users)!
- Watch Jolie O’Dell learn C#
- New course: Team Foundation Server 2010 Version Control
- Learn Proper Continuous Integration Etiquette
- Learn To Install SVN In Five Easy Minutes!
- Lose The SQL With RavenDB
- The Pluralsight Curriculum Team
- Learn How to Build your First Windows 8 App with XAML and C#
- Get The Windows 7 Privileges Your Code Deserves!