Microsoft Desktop Player for IT Professionals and DevelopersBy Kasia Lorenc
Today I learned about a brand new learning resource from Microsoft called Microsoft Desktop Player. Now available in a beta release for IT Professionals and Developers, Microsoft Desktop Player brings you rich, contextual content.
The search considers your specialty (IT Professional or Developer), your role within the organization, and where you are in your adoption lifecycle. You can also get local information by adding your zip code in the settings section.
You can search for and find videos, webcasts, podcasts, whitepapers and links to resources based on your specific search criteria. You can easily save your searches and add favorites to your own library.
Some of the features of the Microsoft Desktop Player include:
- Online and Offline (Desktop) Versions
- Desktop player Filters:
- By IT Pro or Developer
- By Role
- IT Adoption Lifecycle
- Contextual resources per content topic
- TechNet Events and MSDN Events finder
- Look up your IT and Developer Evangelists
- Look up local user groups
- Local Certified Partners for Learning Solutions
- Microsoft Learning links
- Latest Tech News
- Product specific Resources
- Share it via Twitter, Facebook or Digg
- Email it to a friend
- Ability to Embed it on your site
If your company is utilizing Microsoft products, then you’ll definitely benefit from this new tool. Check it out and let me know what you think!
About the Author
Kasia Lorenc served as the editor-in-chief of the TrainSignal blog from 2007 - 2012. In addition to covering a variety of topics, including IT certification, training and technology news, Kasia was also responsible for the content strategy and website management at TrainSignal. You can connect with Kasia on Twitter @kasialorenc.
- Getting Started in IT: Desktop Support Role
- Server 2008: How to Setup a Remote Desktop on Windows Vista
- High Five to Microsoft! "Fix it" the New Help Icon Rocks!
- Microsoft Launches Beginner Developer Learning Center
- Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Exam 70-685)
- Microsoft’s getVIRTUALnow Conference in Chicago
- Is Microsoft’s New Search Engine Bing Good Enough?
- Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator (Exam 70-686)
- Microsoft Live Search Now With SearchPerks
- Are You Confused? The Latest IT Certifications from Microsoft