Pluralsight: New Features and a New LookBy Aaron Skonnard
Today we released a new website at pluralsight.com that we’re very excited about. It consists of some major new features, a better price for Annual Plus, and an improved user experience (and skin). You can read more about these changes below.
The new features we released today include:
- Course assessments – Plus subscribers can now test their knowledge of the course material both before and after watching the course videos. Check out the “Assessment” tab on any course page to see what it’s like.
- Certificates and transcripts – After passing a course (70% or higher), Plus subscribers can print an official course certificate. We also maintain an official transcript showing everything you’ve passed that you can print and share. Click on “Your transcript” in the user profile menu (upper right corner).
- New mobile apps that support “offline viewing” – We’ve released new versions of our iOS, Android, and Windows Phone apps that now support offline viewing. Offline viewing is a new feature that makes it really easy to cache course modules on your device for “offline” viewing.
- Monthly Plus now gets offline viewing – Offline viewing is now available to all Plus subscribers (Monthly Plus & Annual Plus)!
- Support desk and feedback - We’ve introduced a new support desk and feedback system that we hope will make it easier for our customers to share their ideas and get answers to their questions. Also, we’ve beefed up our Knowledge Base/FAQ and integrated it into our support desk.
We’ll write more about each of these features over the next several days, but in the meantime, feel free to submit any questions you have via our support desk.
A Better Price for Annual Plus
Along with this release, we’ve reduced the price of Annual Plus from $799 down to only $499. At this price, Annual Plus gives you the best possible Pluralsight training experience at a reasonable yearly rate. We’ve also added some new features for Monthly Plus subscribers in this release. The table below describes our plans.
New User Experience & New Look
After listening to customer feedback this past year, we decided it was also time for a major website re-skin and some user experience improvements. If you check out the new website, first you’ll notice a new logo with more of an emphasis on video training. We’ve also tried to simplify the site in order to improve navigation.
We’ve enhanced the course library menu to make it easy to browse courses by category, author, most popular, and new releases. We’ve also surfaced some of that navigation in the footer (see image below). Our default course library view is also easier to parse (by category), which simplifies finding courses of interest.
And finally, we’ve introduced Twitter and Facebook integration throughout our course library. Now you can easily share the course you’re watching from any course page or from within the Silverlight player. If you like what you’re watching, give it a try.
We hope you like these improvements! Stay tuned for more detailed information on the new features and please send us your feedback.
About the Author
Aaron Skonnard is the President/CEO of Pluralsight. He works every day to deliver more value to Pluralsight's growing number of subscribers by publishing relevant, high-quality courses each and every week along with new product features to improve the modern online learning experience.
- New Pluralsight Account Management Features
- Understanding the Recent Changes at Pluralsight
- Welcome to the New Pluralsight
- Update of Pluralsight (Beta) for Android Available
- Pluralsight introduces course assessments
- Pluralsight subscriptions for businesses
- Pluralsight for Windows Phone 7 now available
- How to login to the Pluralsight mobile apps
- Pluralsight for iOS now available
- Pluralsight for Android (Beta) now available