Video: Entity Framework 5 New Features Sneak PeekBy Paul Ballard
Julie Lerman has some great new demos of several of the new features in Entity Framework 5 that she couldn’t wait to share with her Pluralsight course fans. In this video you’ll see Entity Framework 5 support for enums, how to move from version 4.3 to version 5, and you’ll also get a peek at Visual Studio 2011 SQL Server Object Explorer.
Julie Lerman is the leading independent authority on the Entity Framework and has been using and teaching the technology since its inception. Julie is the author of the highly acclaimed books “Programming Entity Framework”, “Programming Entity Framework CodeFirst”, and the upcoming “Programming Entity Framework DbContext”. She is well known in the .NET community as a Microsoft MVP, ASPInsider and INETA Speaker. She is a prolific blogger, a frequent presenter at technical conferences large and small around the world, including TechEd and DevConnections and she writes articles for many well-known technical publications, including authoring the Data Points column in MSDN Magazine.
If you like this, you’ll love Julie’s other courses including Entity Framework 4.1 – Code First, Entity Framework 4.1 – DbContext Data Access, Entity Framework Code First Migrations, Designer Supported EDM Customization, Entity Framework and Data Models, Data Layer Validation with Entity Framework 4.1+, Querying the Entity Framework, and Entity Framework 4.0 By Example.
About the Author
Paul Ballard is a Chief Architect specializing in large scale distributed system development and enterprise software processes. Paul has more than twenty years of development experience including being a former Microsoft MVP, a speaker at technical conferences such as Microsoft Tech-Ed and VSLive, and a published author. Prior to working on the Windows platform, he built software using a vast array of technologies including Java, Unix, C, and even OS/2.
- New course: Entity Framework 4.1 – DbContext Data Access
- Video: Uncover the Magic Of Automatic Migrations in Entity Framework Code First
- New course: Data Layer Validation with Entity Framework 4.1
- New course: Entity Framework 4.1 – Code First
- New course on Querying the Entity Framework by Julie Lerman
- New course: Entity Framework Code First Migrations
- Check Your Data’s Validity
- Video: Do More With LESS (and SASS) In Your CSS3 Stylesheets
- What’s the Single Responsibility of an Entity in Domain Driven Design?
- Video: Let There Be Functional Programming with F#