Video: Issue a Debugging SOS in Visual Studio 2010By Paul Ballard
Visual Studio 2010 includes some great debugging tools, but there are more available including the SOS tool that extends the normal debugger to provide access to CLR internal information at runtime. In this video excerpt from Mario Hewardt’s course Introduction to .NET Debugging using Visual Studio 2010 you’ll see how to add the SOS extension into your debugging environment and several of the commands used to diagnose a memory leak. In the full course you’ll also learn about topics such as debugging threads, using breakpoint filters, and Intellitrace, and Debugger Canvas.
Mario Hewardt is the author of Advanced Windows Debugging and Advanced .NET Debugging. With over 13 years at Microsoft, he has worked with the development of Windows starting from Windows 98 up to Windows Vista. With the advent of cloud computing, Mario has worked in the SaaS arena and delivered the Asset Inventory Service as well as leading a team of developers building the core platform for the next generation Microsoft online management service – Windows Intune. Most recently, Mario works as a Dedicated Developer Premier Field Engineer helping ensure that our customers build their solutions on the Microsoft stack in the most efficient and reliable way possible.
If you’d like to learn what it takes to become a master debugger, you should definitely check out this course.
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 3 hr 40 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit Introduction to .NET Debugging using Visual Studio 2010 to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files, assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
- New Course: Introduction to .NET Debugging using Visual Studio 2010
- New course: Introduction to Visual Studio 2010
- New course: Advanced Windows Debugging – Part 1
- New course: Introducing More of Visual Studio 2010
- New course: Advanced Windows Debugging – Part 2
- New course: .NET Internals and Advanced Debugging Techniques
- Free Introduction to Visual Studio Training
- Updated Course: Introduction to Visual Studio LightSwitch
- Jolie falls in love with Visual Studio
- New course: Introduction to Visual Studio Tools for Office