Video: Send Your Debugger Back In Time With Visual Studio IntellitraceBy Paul Ballard
Wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to reproduce a problem to debug it? In this video excerpt from Kate Gregory’s course Introduction to Visual Studio 2010 Part 2 you’ll see how to use Intellitrace to debug past executions to track down an intermittent bug and terminate it with extreme prejudice. In the complete course Kate also covers topics like advanced debugging, working with designers, and extending Visual Studio.
Kate is the author of over a dozen books and speaks at DevTeach, TechEd (USA, Europe, Africa), and TechDays, among others. Kate is a C++ MVP and a member of adjunct faculty at Trent University in Peterborough. Since January 2002 she has been Microsoft Regional Director for Toronto and in June 2005 she won the Regional Director of the year award. In February 2011 she was designated Visual C++ MVP of the year for 2010.
If you’d like to learn more about how to make the most of Visual Studio 2010, you should definitely check out this course. Got some Visual Studio 2010 tips? Click on the comment link below and share with the rest of the class.
You can watch the full HD version of this video along with the other 3 hrs 7 min of video found in this professional course by subscribing to Pluralsight. Visit Introduction to Visual Studio 2010 Part 2 to view the full course outline. Pluralsight subscribers also benefit from cool features like mobile apps, full library search, progress tracking, exercise files, assessments, and offline viewing. Happy learning!
About the Author
- New course: Introducing More of Visual Studio 2010
- New course: Introduction to Visual Studio 2010
- Video: Issue a Debugging SOS in Visual Studio 2010
- Free Introduction to Visual Studio Training
- New Course: Introduction to .NET Debugging using Visual Studio 2010
- Updated Course: Introduction to Visual Studio LightSwitch
- Jolie falls in love with Visual Studio
- New course: Introduction to Visual Studio Tools for Office
- Free Visual Studio LightSwitch Training
- Video: Using Lambdas Old School Style in C++