Free Server 2008 Training Videos: Introduction to Server 2008By Ben Culbertson
If you’re thinking about making the move to Server 2008 or want to learn more about it, then you’ve found the best place to start! I created this free 6 hour introductory video series for people just like you.
This free mini-course is divided into 10 lessons and covers the essentials of Server 2008. We’ll focus on a lot of new features that have been included or updated in the new Windows Server version. Now remember, this is a 6 hour course, so I can’t cover everything there is to know about Server ’08, but this training will give you a pretty good start and you’ll pick up a lot of good skills.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this free intro to Windows Server 2008 training:
- Video 1: Welcome to Windows Server 2008 Essentials
- Video 2: How to Install Server 2008 and Active Directory
- Video 3: Active Directory Users and Groups in Server 2008
- Video 4: Windows Server Core and DHCP Servers in Server 2008
- Video 5: Windows Server 2008 File and Print Servers
- Video 6: Server 2008 RODC – Read Only Domain Controllers
- Video 7: IIS 7 Web Servers
- Video 8: Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
- Video 9: WDS – Windows Deployment Services
- Video 10: MCITP Certifications: Exam requirements and upgrade paths
Learn more about Active Directory Networks, certificate services, high availability tools and more with Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator Training.
About the Author
Ben Culbertson (MCT, MCSA, MCDBA, CIW, A+, Net+, MOS) has taught thousands of people in the Chicagoland area, and brings ten years of training, web, print, and network consulting experience to the table. Serving a two year tour of duty as an inner city high school teacher, he motivated at-risk students to achieve excellence and learned how to teach high level concepts in a rubber-meets-the-road fashion. He is also the Technical Editor and webmaster of ReliefJournal.com, a quarterly literary journal, and the Editor-In-Chief for Coach’s Midnight Diner, an annual genre anthology.